To Fish or Tie...

So, my truck was delivered to the my office around 4 pm on Tuesday. Took 'er for a spin, completed the paperwork, shook hands, and was on the Mohawk by 6.

First time out in 2 weeks. Only had about an hour to fish before dark (damn you winter, I know you're coming). Thankfully, as soon as I stepped off the bank, I was hooked up. Managed about 20 smallies with 3 of decent size (12-14"). All on a cone-head natural/tan bunny-strip. Unfortunately, Brian didn't do nearly as well. He threw all his usuals (bug nymphs, buggers), but couldn't buy a fish. I almost felt guilty. (Almost.)

Now I have a dilemma. Heading to the Salmon River Sunday (gonna be a long day...), and should really tie at least something up. Tonight is pretty much my last chance. But...maybe I need to shake the rust off my casting arm....

Comments

Flying Ties said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flying Ties said…
Hey! I have a truck for sale...

Just kidding, nice upgrade!
Flying Ties said…
Oh, and fish, don't tie. You've got all winter for that.
Anonymous said…
What he said:
"Now I have a dilemma. Heading to the Salmon River Sunday (gonna be a long day...), and should really tie at least something up. Tonight is pretty much my last chance. But...maybe I need to shake the rust off my casting arm...."


Translation:
I'm going fishing and don't have the flies I need. I'm busy Saturday night, so that means I need to tie tonight or I'm gonna have to buy flies at a shop. Or, maybe I could just go fishing tonight, and bum flies off Alex...

Tie what you can, I'll have what we need plus some, as far as eggs go. I can't promise I'll have a lot of nymphs to share though.
Anonymous said…
oh yeah, bring a halloween mask- for serious...
FoulHooked said…
Obviously...I went fishing. I'll tie what I can tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll run to Goldstocks tonight as well.

Who am I kidding...I can't tie worth a damn anyway.

Popular posts from this blog

The Beast

The Day the Music Died...

The American Consumer...