Hat Trick ≠ Grand Slam

Yup, I'm lazy. And busy. And would rather fish than type. But...I'm also annoyed.

When I see a report entitled "_____ River Grand Slam," be it on a fourm or blog, I get excited. I can't wait to see what species constitute the Slam. I mean, it's usually pretty easy to guess, if you know the river (even by name), but it's just cool to see.

Inevitably, though, I tend to be quite disappointed.

"Some NYC watershed grand slam today...landed a bunch of rainbows...one big brown...just as I was leaving got this brookie. The end."

WTF. Can't you count? You got the wrong sport, Sport. What you just landed was a hat-trick. And my ire.

Hat tricks are great. Good on ya. But it ain't a slam. Is it nit-picky? Am I just being a doucher? Probably. But I'm OK with that.

Comments

Baulsir said…
Turns out .... You're not a total doucher!
Miss Margaret said…
maybe he's counting himself. in a grand slam, the batter counts. possibly he hooked himself, too?
FoulHooked said…
"possibly he hooked himself, too?"

One can hope.

Popular posts from this blog

Fishy Trout?

Piggers, or, Dear Joe Part V: HOT DAMN!